7/28/09

back to MY reality

So let's forget about all that other stuff I just posted, because, really, I think we will have a great time here! The hardest part, by far, is being so far away from friends and family.

But while we have to be here, I hope that we'll be able to take advantage of some travel and cultural opportunities. The base runs many tours so you don't have to do it all by yourself - they'll give you transportation and guides to go lots of places! Great for me, I'm not really into exploring around unfamiliar places on my own. They'll be able to tell us which ones are good for families with small children, and I think we'll need to find a babysitter soon so that Dan and I can go out on our own, too! There are a few things I want to check out without kids, since from what I've heard, there's lots of crowding going on.
I guess (I learned today) that South Korea is geographically about the size of Indiana, with a population of almost 50 million people! Can you imagine? That would explain some crowded conditions!

Better get to bed... tomorrow I am off to track down a steam cleaner from Self Help to give these carpets a fresh start, and try to sign the kiddos up for some activities through the youth center. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: