7/29/09

Tessa is 6 months old!

My sweet girl is already 6 months old. Same as every month, I can't believe it!
This past month lots is going on... little Tessa has had to survive a very dramatic time zone change! We are all now feeling like we're living in the local time zone (phew), and Tessa (I don't even want to say it for fear that I'll jinx it) has been sleeping through the night the last few nights. From 7:30 pm to about 6:30 am. I think her mornings will stretch out and get a little later as she gets used to her own new routine of not waking up to be fed at 4 am (which meant she would then sleep till 7:30 or 8). But enough of my sleep log... here's what else our littlest girl has been up to lately:
  • She's rolling all over the place, and now likes to sleep on her tummy.
  • She's getting attached to her hippo stuffed toy, like the monkeys Luke and Rayna have, and as soon as she gets it in her arms will roll over, stick her thumb in her mouth, and start drifting off to dreamland. So cute.
  • She's drooling like crazy. Where are those teeth? Still no sign of them (besides the drool of course).
  • She loves her brother and sister and loves getting attention from them. Rayna will sit and play with her and Tessa lights up!
  • She's not sitting up all on her own yet, but we're working on it!
  • Everything goes into her mouth! She is my first baby that really puts everything in her mouth - the other two weren't really like that. As soon as it touches her hands she is desperately trying to dive bomb the object and coordinate her arms to get it to her mouth, which is wide open with the tongue going crazy! It is kind of funny. I have to be quick if I kiss her mouth, so she doesn't lick me!
  • We started some "solid" foods, which she likes okay. I've started weaning her and it won't be long before we are done with nursing completely. It will be nice to not have to always stress about where I'm going to be when it's time for her to eat and how I'm going to do that/manage that with the other kids' activities. And, she's getting older and more distracted/playful when she's nursing which is annoying! I'm sure it'll be a little sad since there's always some sentimental attachment to nursing a baby. But I'll get over it. :)
  • Stay tuned for stats (oh so exciting). She has her well baby appointment tomorrow. I'm sure she'll weigh in just fine, she's got some cute litte thunder thighs and chubby cheeks!

Halfway through a year already, she'll be walking before we know it. Yikes!







When she woke up this morning, I brought her into our bed to feed her... and she fell asleep. So I let her sleep for a bit, then went in to check on her and this is what I found - cute naked baby with one of her beloved animals. She had wet through her diaper and all over her jammies. That's why she has no clothes. :)

No comments: