3/20/10

Playing catch up...

I have not been blogging. I have been taking care of kids, sewing, painting, sewing, cleaning, planning for our trip back to the States, etc. But here's some pictures to catch you up on the goings-on around here. As usual there's a disproportionate number of pictures of Tessa. But what can I say? She's little and she's having more "firsts". I even think she said, "Bye" to me today, very clearly, as I was leaving and when Dan was saying bye. It was so cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now here's to a couple of the sewing projects I've been working on...

Photobucket

I also re-made curtains. Apparently I have nothing but time. I decided I really didn't like the green/yellow/orange flower fabric I made curtains and a valance out of. I also decided I didn't like the dingy brown color of the walls. It's a boring, long winter and I wanted some color! Some spring! Instead of brown carpet, brown furniture, brown walls. So I picked the green from the flower fabric and painted a close color on 2 walls of the living room and one of the dining room. Then totally freaked out when it turned out pretty bright, and it didn't make me like the curtains any better. Feeling bad about my poor decorating decisions, I wanted to change it all but didn't want to spend any more money! I remembered some fabric I bought a few years ago for our TX house and never used, and decided to make that into new curtains. Now, if I had chosen this fabric to begin with I wouldn't have painted the walls green, so that my house wouldn't look like Christmas 24/7. Oh well. Dan convinced me not to paint the walls back to the original color 2 hours after I had put the green on, and I think I can live with it! I love the new curtains, and am very, very excited about some fabric I bought at the fabric market to make pillows with... hopefully there will be a reveal of those coming soon.
Anyway, sorry for that trip into my brain and thought-processes... here's the new livingroom, and I can't correct the color in the picture, but it usually is a softer color. That is, until the sun goes down and the lighting in our apartment makes it look flourescent and I want to paint it back. Someday, when we have a house we live in for more than 2 or 3 years, I'll think through the decorating a little more thoroughly!


Photobucket

Better be off now. I've got fabric drying , almost ready for my next project!! Forget the dishes in the sink for now...

6 comments:

matt n karisa said...

I don't think it necessarily looks like Christmas. And I'm duly impressed with all your sewing projects and decorating ambitions!

LaRee said...

and, the good thing is the more times you try something new, the more you will figure out what you like! the dress is great! I love seeing the new things you're making! It makes me want to sew again!

fiddlin.momma said...

I love it all!! Your sewing looks so utterly professional. You do an incredible job. I'm jealous! :) Can I hire you? ;)

Karen said...

I like it all and can I say...the kiddos are just adorable. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I like the green on the walls! And your seweing projects. I always think I want to do sewing projects, but dislike it halfway through.

Phebe said...

Love the curtains and the dress ... and am glad that I already had the dress I did for Rayna, or I would have bought her one very much like that one to send ... apparently God really hear -ed things ... or knew something ... or something :)